• English
  • Ελληνικά
1957

The President of the Association, by invitation of the State Department, travels to America and takes part in an international women’s club meeting. That year, at the International Conference on women’s rights in Mexico, Greece participates with 5 representatives: three of whom are graduates of our school.

1954

The Association responds to the events occurring in Cyprus by sending protest resolutions to hundreds of American and European universities as well as to international organizations. It also enlists the help of alumni in America and raises awareness of the great national problem worldwide. At that time, the Board sets the objective to bring graduates […]

1952

The Mills Prize is established, awarded each year to a graduate of the College who is distinguished not only for his/her academic performance but also for his/her spirit of cooperation and ethos.

1951

Attempts are made to create an alumni core in Cyprus, similar to the one that had been created in the United States.

1944

The Association restarts functioning normally, with elections, boards and committees; procedures that had ceased during the 4 years of war and occupation. The Association doesn’t have its own offices, therefore, Board meetings are held at graduates’ homes.

1941-1944

During the occupation, the Association with little means at its disposal, helps families with missing persons and founds a soup kitchen to feed children.

1940

During the first days of the war, the Association, having made an appeal for help to all graduates at home and in the U.S., offers substantial assistance in the form of money and personal help, thanks to graduates.

1939

The Association officially becomes a corporation with a 9 member Board. The first alumni lunch, the Banquet, is organized and established as an annual event in honor of alumni, with the sole exception of the years of occupation.

1930

The first statutes in English are compiled with an emphasis on the granting of scholarships for the school.